The BizTalk Software Factory supplies guidance for developing BizTalk applications. There are 3 versions:
v1.7 is for BizTalk Server 2006 solutions,
v2.1 is for BizTalk Server 2009 solutions,
v3.0 is for BizTalk Server 2010 solutions.
Version 1.7 for BizTalk Server 2006 (R2)
This release contains the following functionality:
- Schemas (adding project type and guidance)
- Maps (adding project type and guidance)
- Orchestrations (adding project type and guidance)
- Pipelines (adding project type and guidance)
- Pipeline Component Wizard ( (adding project type and guidance)
- Business Components (for example for helper and logging components)
- Solution folders for BRE artifacts Rules and Policies
- Support for generating Unit Tests for artifacts Schemas, Maps and Orchestrations with BizUnit 3.1 and nUnit 2.5.3.
- BizTalk Deployment Framework 5.0 build 15 integration
For this release you need the Feburary 2008 release of the Guidance Automation Extensions and Guidance Automation Toolkit.
Version 2.1 for BizTalk Server 2009
This release is updated for Visual Studio 2008 and BizTalk Server 2009. It contains the same functionality as the v1.6 release but updated with:
- Class library for .NET 3.5
- BizUnit 3.1
- BizTalk Deployment Framework 5.0 beta
- Uses the BizTalk Server Unit Testing facilities for schemas and mappings
For this release you need the Febuary release of the Guidance Automation Extensions and the Guidance Automation Toolkit for Visual Studio 2008 (GAXP1409).
Version 3.0 for BizTalk Server 2010
This release is updated for Visual Studio 2010 and BizTalk Server 2010. It contains basically the same functionality as the v1.7 and V2.1 release but updated with:
- Class library for .NET 4.0
- MS Test instead of nUnit
- BizTalk Deployment Framework 5.0 RC
- BizUnit 4.0
- BizTalk Solution Instrumentation Framework
For this release you need to have the Guidance Automation Extensions, the Guidance Automation Toolkit and the Visual Studio SDK installed.
Please check the documentation for installation information.
What to do with this release?
This release can be used to develop BizTalk solutions using a consistent solution structure.
It is very difficult to test every part of the BizTalk Software Factory, so if you find anything that isn't right, could be better or just isn't functioning then please let me know.
Also if you have great ideas please tell me and I'll try to implement them.
This release consists of the source code and some basic documentation.
The current version will be improved and extended with new functionality
This release is based on the project Dick Dijkstra started a few years ago on CodePlex (BASF).
Dick did a great job starting the project and figuring out some of the hard to learn basics.