BSF Not Showing Up in VS2010

May 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM

We have done numrous installs of the BSF project into VS2010 and they all work as long as it is a full blown BizTalk environment with all the components of BizTalk Server loaded. However, when we load up BSF into a VS2010 install with only BizTalk Server 2010 developer tools and sdk installed we do not see the Guidance Projects Tab so we can create new projects. We have installed all the pre-reqs and everything shows under the VS2010 extension manager as installed. Any ideas or recommendations?

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Thanks for using the BSF!

Do you only not see the BSF guidance package or no package at all?

The BSF depends on the Guidance Automation Toolkit, Guidance Automation Extensions and the Visual Studio SDK. If these pre-requisites are installed, then the guidance package at least should show up in the "New Project Dialog". If the BizTalk templates are missing, then the project creation wizard will fail, but with the developer tools (including the templates) installed, everything should work.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hi, I just experienced much of the same problem.
I see the Guidance package and the template Guidance Package Development but not the BizTalk template.
I did reinstalled the GAX and GAT and there is no available updates in VS Extension manager.

Thanx!