Problem while running the wizard

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM
I am getting this error when i am running the wizard in visual studio for a new Bsf solution
what might be the possible cause/fix?

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateSolution. Error was: Action AddSchemasProject failed to execute:
StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex.
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at BizTalkSoftwareFactory.BusinessComponents.Helper.GetBSFTemplateLocation()
   at BizTalkSoftwareFactory.Actions.AddBizTalkProjectToSolution.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionCoordinationService.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Can you tell me on what drive you've installed the BSF?
At the moment it looks at the C drive for the location of the templates and it seems that there is something going wrong.

Regards,
Jean-Paul Smit
Aug 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM
You were right Smit,
my OS drive is E:\, So, I installed BSF in E:\ instead of C:\. Sorry, I haven't read the documentation properly regarding "C:\" !
It works now, once in reinstall the BSF in c:\. Thank you.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2008 at 1:47 PM
Good to hear that was the problem.
I located the part of the code responsible for this and in the next release it will be fixed so you can also have your installation on a different drive than C.