Integration of BizTalk Deployment Framework

Jan 15, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Hi,
for our company I integrated the BizTalk Deployment Framework into the BizTalk Software Factory. Now it will create all the necessary folders, files etc. Normally this cost you a lot of effort to establish.

Is it possible that you integrate the BizTalk Deployment Framework into this great tool?

Some other changes I made:
  • reference KeyPath relative instead of absolute
  • take the solution name as default Namespace and Application name (also because of the Deployment Framework)
  • Add CustomFunctoids as project to the solution
  • Some project name changes (because of the Deployment Framework)
  • Changes on BizTalk project template (some assembly settings).

I can send the code/assemblies to you.
Best regards,
Gerben

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Hi Gerben,

The latest release of the BSF already contains the Deployment Framework.
What version of the BSF did you use?
Can you explain a bit more?

I would be delighted to receive the changes you made to the sourcecode of the BSF to fix some issues you ran into.
Also a possibility to build custom functoids is a nice improvement.

Best regards,
Jean-Paul
Jan 15, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Hi Jean-Paul,
I took a few minutes ago a subscription on the BSF Rss-feeds and saw that BVeldhoen already made thoose changes. I took the sourcecode from 1.5 (so the release version). Pitty I saw this too late.
I just compared the sourcecode. In my solution you always get the BDF, so no extra Wizard screen. I also added all the BDF Dll's, Exe's etc to seperate solution folders, so if some colleague retrieve the solution this person can use the DPF straight away.
Note: the Custom Functoids are 'normal' C# projects (this will do for now).
Let me know if you are still interested, then I'll send the code to you? Maybe you can use some items,
Best regards,
Gerben
Apr 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Jean-Paul,
which version of the BizTalk Deployment Framework was integrated into the BSF ?

Looking at the source tree, the BDF directory has Nant bits in ...
Reading the Deployment Framework blurb, the big thing in v5 is the switch to MsBuild

So I'm assuming it's v4 ?   ... which begs the question ... any plans to upgrade to v5 BDF ?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 8:00 AM
It is indeed v4.
And I'll forward your question to Bram Veldhoen, the guy who did the BDF part.
Apr 14, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Thanks Jean-Paul

I've tried out the v5 Deployment and it's well neat, just select Tools -> Deployment Framework for BizTalk -> Deploy BizTalk Solution
and watch the Output scroll by