Updating references to NUnit and BizUnit

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Just created my first solution using the factory and I noticed that the unit tests project had invalid references to NUnit and BizUnit

Downloaded the latest versions, NUnit-2.4.8-net-2.0.msi and SetupBizUnit v3.0.1032.0, but these don't seem to be the right versions

Can you please tell me what the versions are, and even better, where to get them

Alternatively is there a way I can update the Factory to use the newer versions ?

Cheers,
SteveC.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
I had to look it up myself, but the BSF uses nUnit 2.4.7  and BizUnit 2.2.
You can update the references yourself in the BSF code.
Just recompile, remove it from the programs and add it again.
Then your package should support the newer version.
Apr 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Ok tried it and that works Ok

I've downloaded the latest source code and compiled a copy as I'd spotted the inclusion of the BizTalk Deployment Framework, which is next on my list of things to try out

Could you tell me where are the references to the NUnit 2.4.7 and BizUnit 2.2 as I'd like to update them ...
- the Factory is great and I can see me trying lots of new BTS solutions, so having to manually change the ref's will soon become a drag

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM
The reference is located in the Template section of the code.
Here to be exact: ..\BizTalkSoftwareFactory\Templates\Projects\UnitTest\UnitTest.csproj
Apr 10, 2009 at 6:14 AM
Thanks Jean

Updated the NUnit one to ... 
    <Reference Include="nunit.framework, Version=2.4.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=96d09a1eb7f44a77, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

Tried the BizUnit one, but seems there are significant changes in the v2 to v3, which I don't feel confident to start messing around with ...
- found a copy of the "Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.dll" in the BizTalk Server 2006 SDK Samples "SQLAdapterUsingDTC\Libraries", which the compiler is happy with

Do you have any plans to update to BizUnit 3.0 ?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 6:58 AM
At this time I don't have any plans to update to BizUnit 3.0, however I think that it should work with 3.0
Can you tell me what issues you ran into?
Apr 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Jean-Paul,

got things sorted ...

changed the reference to the v3 BizUnit which is installed in ... C:\Program Files\BizUnit\BizUnit 3.0\bins

amended the TestClass.cs and SampleTestCase.xml in the UnitTests project to take account of the change in the type name

One weird thing, I've found the TestClass.cs code has to have the full reference, i.e. BizUnit.BizUnit, as I get an error if I try a  Using BizUnit;

BizUnit.BizUnit bizUnit = new BizUnit.BizUnit(@"..\..\TestCases\TestCaseGenericSetup.xml", TestGroupPhase.TestGroupSetup);
bizUnit.RunTest();

I found a comment on a MSDN forum that this is due to a bug in VS2005  ???