BizTalk 2010 and VS 2010

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Are there plans to support BizTalk 2010 and VS 2010?

I have heard there's considerable change in the way software factories (GAX) work for 2010, so I assume there will have to be a fair amount of rewrite in that area.

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Off course I'm looking at the new releases by Microsoft :-) and if time permits I would like to migrate the BSF to BTS 2010 and VS 2010. However there are no concrete plans untill the release of BTS 2010, because it is quite some work to test the BSF so I won't like to redo things. Are you using the BSF at the moment or is it a question just out of interest?
Jul 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I fully understand, and yes I am using BSF at the moment, it's making life a lot easier. Unfortunately I have not had time to dig into the implementation, but so far I'm loving the fact that it is keeping my BizTalk "code" consistent.

I'm pushing for the rest of the team to adopt the BSF, since it will help keep the project layouts consist, and that is why I wanted to make sure that there could be a new version of BSF for VS2010.

There will be a push to VS 2010 in our team, but obviously the BizTalk projects will have to stay as is, since there is no immediate plan to go to BizTalk 2010 when it gets released.

There are a few things I would like to have more control over, e.g. the specifying the name of the folder for each project, as well as the project name. I often have problems with the long path names, especially when I don't have control over my project location (it is deep and defined by the team standards). It would also be great to be able to add projects of certain types after the initial creation, but a easy work around is to generate a temporary solution containing the project.

Thanks for the great work and quick response.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I'm working on the 2010 version right now :-)