BizTalk 2013 - Unit Testing Mappings

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Hi there,

I tried to unit test some maps with the BSF (and also without it) and it seems to be Buggy atm. Even CU 2 didn´t solve this issue. Anyone got a solution to this Problem?

Thought about using BizUnit but it neither supports unit tests for BTS 2013 maps (yet, dunno if it´s still active)

Any tips would be nice.

Regards,

René
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Hi Rene,

Can you please describe what part of the unit tests in the BSF are not working as expected?
I moved from BizUnit to VS unit testing for maps because it seems the BizUnit project is no longer active.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul
Nov 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Hi Jean-Paul,

it´s not really a bug within BSF, it´s more a bug of BTS 2013 it seems. Every Mapping Unit Test I try (even if test map succeeds) I get the "Transform failure" message. The bug seems to sit within TestableMapBase class as it still uses BTSXslTransform instead of XslCompiledTransform. You can read more about it here: http://shadabanwer.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/map-unit-test-does-not-work-in-biztalk-2013-because-testablemapbase-class-is-not-correct

I also read at Michael Stephenson´s blog that he fixed that with a Default TestSettings file, but this doesn´t seem to work for me.

Regards,

René
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Now I understand what you meant.
I also ran into the issue with the bug in BTS 2013 and I also didn't manage to solve it with Michael's solution.

Hopefully this nasty bug will be fixed in a CU because it really limits using the standard project templates I use.
May 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Hi

Did you solve your problem?
You need to add a testsettings file (and select it in the test menu of VS) and run your unit tests in 32-bit mode for the transform error to go away.

HTHs

Paul